CLICK HERE: Choice Program Application
School Year 2018-2019
Updated Choice Program Open House Dates
Computers will be available at the SCCPSS Student Success Expo, at Savannah Mall from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., January 20, 2018. Assistance will be available at the Expo to help with the application process. ***Note: The date for the Student Success Expo was changed from January 6 to January 20, due to winter weather.
If needed, the Office of College & Career Readiness is available to provide assistance with accessing the online application, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. on a first come, first served basis (402 Market Street, Savannah, GA 31408). Please call 912-395-6765 to set up an appointment. Public computers are also available at any of the Chatham County Public Libraries.
Non-SCCPSS students (this includes out of county residents) should complete an online application and then submit ALL required documents to the SCCPSS Office of College & Career Readiness, 402 Market Street, Savannah, GA 31408. ALL documentation must be submitted within five business days of online application completion. Upon completing the online application, applicants will receive detailed directions on what documentation is required. Note: It is extremely important to double check the email address provided during the online application process.
Choice Program Selections
The online application allows parents to select a first, second, and third choice when applying to a School Choice Program. The selection of more than one Choice Program automatically indicates that the parent is willing to accept a seat in any of the Choice Programs choices selected. Please note, once a student is selected through the lottery for one of the selected choice programs, he/she will not be on any other waitlist. Waitlist status is only provided if no seats are available among the choices selected. If a parent is only interested in one Choice Program, it is important to ONLY list that choice. Again, if a student is seated through the lottery at any school, he/she will not be placed on any waitlists.
Choice School Scenarios
· If you list one choice on your application and meet the requirements, you will be entered in the lottery for only that one choice. If no seats are available, you will be placed on the waitlist for that program only.
· If you list two or more choices on your application and meet the requirements, you will be entered in the lottery for each Choice Program selected and will be seated where space is available. Waitlist status is only provided if no seats are available for any of the choices.
· If your child is on a waitlist and you are contacted about an open seat, you will have 72 hours to register your child for that seat.
· If you accept a seat and register, your child will be enrolled for the upcoming school year.
· Once a student receives a seat at any of the selected choice schools, the student will not be placed on any waitlists.
· If your child is on a waitlist and you are contacted about an open seat, you will have 72 hours to register your child for that seat. After 72 hours, schools will contact the next student on the waitlist. If you decline the seat, your child will be removed from the waitlist; however, if your child is on other waitlists, he/she will remain on those lists.
· If you accept a seat, your child will be removed from all other waitlists.
· At the conclusion of the lottery, if your child is on three waitlists, you can remove him/her from a waitlist without impacting the status of other waitlists. The same rules apply to removing students from online waitlist applications completed “after” the lottery.
The following information applies to all Choice Program applicants:
· Applications received outside of the application period must meet admissions criteria.
· Students who are non-residents of Chatham County will not be considered for placement in a school or program until all Chatham County applicants have been considered; however, non-residents of Chatham County whose parent(s) is a full time permanent employee of SCCPSS will be placed at the top of the non-resident waitlist.
· Students who are accepted into a Choice Program become full-time students of the school that offers the program and will be enrolled for all classes.
· Once a parent has submitted an application, additional information may be requested by the Choice site. If a school requests additional information, parents should reply promptly. Applications will be considered incomplete if requested information is not provided.
· Submitting an application does not guarantee placement in a school or Choice Program.
· Waiting lists are not kept from year to year. Applicants must apply each year IF they did not receive a seat in their desired choice school.
· Submitting more than one application will void the previous application. The most recent application will be reviewed.
· Submitting false information will void an application.
· If a student is offered a seat at any of their choice schools, they are not placed on the waiting list at any other schools.