Parent Resource Room
Did you know that there is a parent resource room located at Gould? The parent resource room has books and videos on parenting, discipline issues, how to help your child in school, hands-on materials to check out, as well as other information useful to parents and students.
We are interested in knowing what materials you think would be helpful to add to the parent resource rooms. Contact Mrs. Brewington at 912-395-5400 or by email at Crystal.Brewington@sccpss.com with your suggestions!
Why Parental Involvement?Research shows when parents are involved in their child's education and partner with their child's school, children do better and enjoy school more.
Here are some links to useful sites for parents:
Georgia Department of Education Parent Information
Georgia Parents as Teachers
Stop Bullying Now
Summer learning activities
How Can I Get Involved?
Parents are busy people, but there are many different ways that you can become involved with your child's education! Here are a few ideas:
1. Volunteer at your child's school. Our schools welcome parent volunteers. Contact your child's school to find out how you can become involved as a volunteer.
2. Attend school functions, meetings and events.
3. Keep in touch with the school and your child's teacher.
4. Show your child that you think school is important and that you expect them to do their best at school.
5. Be an active part of decision making committees at your child's school.
6. Provide a learning environment at home for your child and show your child you are interested in their school day.
7. Be informed about your child's school activities and schedule. Talk with your child daily about what they have learned and check notebooks/bookbags for correspondence sent from school.
8. Check the website for your child's school on a regular basis.