Walk/Bike to School Days FAQs
- Who is putting on these events?
• The May Howard PTA Health & Wellness Committee is coordinating these events and distributing the Way To Go punch cards.
- What is a Walk or Bike to School Day?
• It is a day to encourage parents, students, faculty and staff to walk and bike to school.
- Where do students have to begin their walk/ride?
• Not all trips are going to be possible from door to door, so we recognize trips that have children walking or biking to the school’s front gate.
- When will these events be held?
• There will be ten (10) walk/bike to school days, held on the first Wednesdays of the month. Students can get their Way To Go cards punched at the front gate.
- Why walk or bike to school?
• Because this is opportunity to increase physical activity, connect with family and friends, and make a positive environmental impact.
- How does the Way To Go punch card work?
• These cards will be punched at the front gate on the first Wednesdays of the month. If all ten spots are punched in May, then the student is eligible for a prize.
- What are the prizes?
• The prizes are not yet determined but as we approach the end of the school year, the Health & Wellness Committee will update this information.
- What are the exact event dates for the school year?
Aug. 10, Sept. 7, Oct. 5, Nov. 2, Dec. 7, Jan. 4, Feb. 1, March 1, April 5, May 3