*Try-outs are open to 5th-8th grade students only!
Clinic (You MUST attend clinic to try-out): August 15th-18th-3:15-4:45pm
Try-outs: August 19th-3:15-6:00pm
All interested in trying out, and parent/guardian, must attend the mandatory parent meeting on August 11th at 5:30pm.
Completed try-out packet (you may get one from front office or download off of school site). In this packet must be signed forms, completed physical forms, two teacher recommendations, and a copy of final 2015-2016 report card.
All students interested in trying out for the dance team must attend all four days of clinic.
What You Should Know About the Dance Team Before Trying Out
· It is time consuming, as dancers will be participating in:
o Practice 2-3 times a week
o Performances at school basketball and volleyball games
o Possible Competitions
o Community Service/Volunteer Projects
· We will be fundraising to ensure costs are as low as possible!
1) All dancers must have completed packets turned in prior to August 15th. All packets can be turned in to Mrs. Nash in room 1387.
2) All dancers will attend the four-day clinic to learn the basic techniques and to learn the try-out dance routine. The clinic is just as important as the tryout as dancer behavior, ability to learn, working with other dancers, as well as how you take corrections will be observed during this time.
3) On Friday, dancers will be placed in a group of 2-4, and each dancer will be given a number to wear. Each dancer will be asked to execute all technique listed on the score sheet and to perform the tryout routine twice.
4) Once tryout is completed, the new 2016-2017 RCS Dance Team will be posted on the front door. After 10 minutes, new members will stay for a short mandatory meeting along with the parents. At this meeting, both dancers and parents will be explained the RCS Dance Team Agreement to sign and discuss practice schedule. More specific time for the meeting will be given on 8/18.
Top: Leotard or White t-shirt/tank top
Bottoms: Black jazz/yoga pants or capris
Hair: Pulled back in a ponytail, out of face
Shoes: Jazz shoes or gym shoes/sneakers
Few Words from the Coach:
I am looking forward to coaching the RCS Dance Team this season. As dance has been a significant part of my life all through my academic career, I want to ensure that this will be a great experience for everyone. I understand that try-outs seem stressful, but I assure you we will have a fun, smooth, successful season. I appreciate your patience while we work to establish the RCS Dance Team. Break down of the costs, details of practice, and schedules will be discussed at our mandatory meeting after the new team has been announced. If there are any questions about try-outs, the dance team, or anything, please contact me at the contact information below.
RCS 5th Grade Reading Room #: 1387
Phone #: (912) 395-4100 ext. 7411387 *I will not be available on this phone until July 28th
Mrs. Chelsea Nash
5th Grade Teacher
Rice Creek School
100 Mulberry Ave.
Port Wentworth, GA 31407
"What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to a human soul." -Joseph Addison